Glacier tour on Hardangerjøkulen - Summer 2019
Exploring the blue ice is an unforgettable experience. NOK 790 per person.
Finse Train station waitingroom
The day before, 23:30
Guided glacier tours are arranged and provided by Jøklagutane AS.
· The tours normally start at Finse Railwaystation at approximately 11:00am.
· Cost: kr 790,- per person including insurance, use of necessary safety equipment and guiding.
· Trips are run every day in the summer 2018 (+/- 15.th of July/ 18th of August), provided there is a minimum of participants.
. We are doing trips with groups of peopel all season. Normally until mid September
· The trips last 6-7 hours in total, including the walk to and from the glacier with a break for lunch.
Total distance of walk is 15-17 km .
The weather at Finse can change wery quickly , bring windproof/waterproof clothes, gloves or mitts , sun glasses and a warm hat.
We recomend you to have shoes that goes over the ankle, it's not mandatory, but highly recommended. This is because the straps from the crampons go over the ankel to secure and tightened properly. If it is low shoes this strap often end up in direct contact with your ankel, and may cause some pain and in the end a negative experience.
Need shoes? We have some shoes you can rent, just add the right size under in your booking.
We dont have any clothes for rental/sale.
Please bring your own food and drink
We have a minimum age of 12 years, but if you have a lot of experience doing similar trips in the wilderness. 6-7 hours and distances of 15-18 km we agree to bring younger children
And that all of you have proper clothing and shoes of course.
How to get to Finse :
· The first train from Bergen arrives in Finse at 10:14 am
· The first train from Oslo arrives in Finse at 10:55 am
· The last train to Oslo leaves Finse at 18:18 and 18:59
· The last train to Bergen leaves Finse at 20:00
See homepage : www.joklagutane.no
Note: When NSB is sold out of tickets online - go on the train, and buy a ticket onboard directly by the conductor.